Friday, October 22, 2010

Still having Sharing Issues

I had read up on ways to help your cow let down yesterday so I felt like getting up this morning and trying something new.  When I got Sadie, she was not especially dirty and I thought things might go well.  We calmly walked to the stanchion and I was talking quietly to her.  I tried brushing her, talking to her, petting her, but those things didn't work.  She did not let down.  I did get a little more than yesterday but it was only a half gallon jar and 2 1/2 cups in the quart jar.  I did not take her to her baby but tied her up so she could graze and see her baby.  She didn't quiet  understand why I didn't go get Dipper.  Poor Dipper was walking up and down the fence line calling for mamma.  I calmly got her water, talked with her some more and went to go excercise.  I thought I will try again when I get home.  I came home fed Caroline and went to do it again.  another 1/2 gallon.  So I got my milk today but not the way I want it.  Tomorrow I wont be home so my husband will be thrilled when I tell him I want him to wait until 9 to milk.  Maybe then she will be so full she will beg us to take it all.  We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment